God channels the outflowing love of a righteous woman to nourish those who wither.
These are the truths she knows:
- The wise follow God’s path
And not the ways of the world.
- To do what is right and just
Is worth more than any showy achievements.
- Too much haughty pride
Leads to sorrow and loneliness.
- Plain work patiently done
Is its own reward.
- Truth is solid, settling easy on the soul,
Lies are bubbles, bursting peace.
These are the ways she lives:
- She desires goodness,
She spurns evil,
She honors everyone as a neighbor.
- She accepts correction
For she values the wisdom
That comes with knowledge.
- She builds heart’s home
On the love of God
Lest her life lie in ruins.
- She hears the cry of the poor
And she helps
For she knows what it is to need.